Thursday, May 5, 2011

Time managementism and prison food

Have you ever had one of those days? Yeah, one of those days...

It just seems like there is a vast conspiracy against me. Not that people are working to bring me down, but that they are not working to bring me up. Apathy, incompetence, idle chatter and the like have, so to speak, put me in a funk. I have also done my part, you know, given them something to talk about. But, THEY did their part, which was the largest part... Really, just a scheduling glitch. It was a glitch. It was a problem. They kind of admitted it... Then did nothing about it.

Whew. Some venting, a little catharsis.

My time has become really, really short lately. I feel like I'm living fifteen hour days. I am staying busy, accomplishing nothing, and constantly short on time.... More venting. Of course, a lot of that is my fault. I have been cycling... A lot. This month is only 5 days old and my cycling is just a shade over 120 miles. That can eat up some time.

Today was a good ride. The wind was straight in my face the whole time... Which is weird for an out and back ride. Occasionally on a very long ride the wind changes direction, but today was not that long.

But, for you ambulatory non ambi-turners...


So, with my time being short, my cooking has changed a little. Here is my recipe for:

SHORT TIME PRISON NACHO SOUP
a handful of Tortilla chips... In a small bowl
A tablespoon of tomato sauce or salsa
Some chili sauce, hot sauce, chili powder... Or other things
Water... Just a little over the tortillas. Don't drown them.
Grated cheese on the top

Then microwave it for roughly a minute. Awesome.

Okay, no picture, but this soup is actually really good. It is a great way to deal with the last little bit of tortilla chips in the bottom of the bag.

No comments: