Monday, February 28, 2011

Secret of Life Chili

Yes, I have discovered the meaning of life. I really wish I could tell you, but you are not ready for that kind of spiritual awakening. But, have no fear. When you are ready, that knowledge will literally fall into your lap... Unless you are standing, in which case the secret of life will fall to the floor and your destiny will remain unfulfilled and you will probably wind up with an office job.
So how does one prepare oneself for the secret of life? Mong Beans.
True story:
In India, there was a very saintly person. Mung beans and rice with yogurt was his entire diet. He would make it each night and eat it for breakfast the next morning. That man was a radiant light, just from the food he eat. People would come from all over to be healed by this man. Each morning they would form a line outside his door. Whatever sickness they had, he would give them mung beans and rice with yogurt. And they would be cured! That's why it is called the food of the angels. It has protein, carbohydrates, everything you need.

You can easily check up on the specifics, or you can just look it up Here. The good news is that you can do this and still drink Yogi Tea. All other tea brands will disturb your Qi. The plural of which, and this is important, is NOT "Qis" but it is, in fact, cheese.
I must admit that I accidentally stumbled on the secret of life in the grocery store. I have a pressure cooker which opens the world of dry beans. Whereas, it used to take a fortnight to prepare dried kidney beans, I can now do that in a half hour. So, dried beans are back, baby! And I went a little crazy. I branched out to mong beans and adzuki beans, and consequently have achieved total consciousness. Something that would not have been possible with a jar of Goya Cuban Style Black Beans.
And what did I do with my newly achieved total consciousness? I made chili (something that would have been possible with Goya Cuban Style Black Beans).



Secret of Life Chili
1/2 C mong beans
1/2 C adzuki beans .... Soaked then cooked in the pressure cooker
1 onion
1.5 T olive oil
2 Jalapeno ................. Sauté then add
2 cloves of garlic
The cooked beans
1 C diced tomatoes
1 C water
1/2 C chopped parsley
chili powder, paprika, cayenne, and cumin, salt and pepper

Cook for 30 more minutes and serve over rice and under cheese.

No comments: